Jaunay family study presented by Graham
I hope that this site will assist:
• to re-establish lost links between members
of the family,
The name Jaunay originates from France. François Marie
Jaunay fled the Revolution and established Jaunay's
Hotel in Leicester Square London on the site
of the Odeon Theatre just around
the corner from St Martins In the Field [pictured].
• to encourage pride in our name and its history,
• to research our family tree and share this knowledge
with one another.
father, Jean Baptiste Jaunay, was a member of the Prince de
Condé household. Jean Baptiste Jaunay came from the village of Francheval in the west of France.
François had three children.
The eldest, Emma, married Paul Krug the founder of Krug Champagne,
the world's best champagne. Her sister, Louisa, married Adolphe Jacquesson
also a champagne maker. The youngest child, Louis Brunet Jaunay, was also a champagne
maker and his son, my great grandfather, Frank, came to Australia
in 1894 to help the local industry make sparkling wines.
This is my own Jaunay line:
• Guillaume Jonay (my 6x great grandfather)
married a Robert.
To date data on some 49 Jaunay families that I could not link to my family have been identified in a One-name Study. A further 170 individuals have also been located giving a total number of individuals identified as 522. In February 2017 one of the 49 families was identified by a collaboration between myself and a 4th cousin in France as being the family of a half brother of François Marie Jaunay.
• Jean Jaunay (my 5x great grandfather)
married a Rambourg.
• Jean Baptiste Jaunay (my 4x great grandfather)
married a Viard.
• François Marie Jaunay (my 3x great grandfather)
married a Howell.
• Louise Brunet Jaunay (my great great grandfather)
married a Gilmour.
• Frank Cunningham Jaunay (my great grandfather) married
• Robert John Cunningham Jaunay (my grandfather) married
• Frank James Cunningham Jaunay (my father) married
• Graham Robert Jaunay (me) married a Knox.
||This image on a page is a link to a family chart. When reading charts note the following...
• all relationships relate to grandchildren of Robert John Cunningham Jaunay
• red entries are immediate relatives and green entries relate to cousins
• before accessing the charts read the Notes found in the menu headed Family records above
To read more about the Jaunay family, Première Qualité The Story of the Jaunay family in the 19th century. click on this link. Caution - large file.
To find out more about the earlier generations and associated families download, Make the skeletons dance, the origins of the families of Graham & Elizabeth Jaunay click on this link. Caution - large file.
To view the unrelated (to date) Jaunays, click on this link.